Please Note: For any other bookings or issues please contact Jane 07792847171. We can now take payments over the phone.
Boarding at Pet Assist Animal Care
We board small furry animals, like rabbits, chinchillas, guinea pigs etc, as well as birds, tortoise and bearded dragons. We also take birds such as budgies, canaries, love birds, parrots, cockateels etc. Bird cages and vivariums are not provided so you will have to bring these, along with their bedding and food for the duration of care. We have hutches (subject to availability), which are built to RWAF recommendations, or you can use one of our indoor guinea pig/rabbit cages. Our house and garden areas are enclosed, safe and secure.
Our Boarding Prices
1 rabbit – £6.50 per hutch per day
2 x rabbits – bonded pair £8.00 sharing same hutch per day
1-2 small birds (budgie size) – £6.50 per cage, sharing same cage per day
Larger or Medium birds (parrots/parakeet) – £7.00 per bird, per cage per day
1 x guinea pig – £5.50 per cage per day
2 x guinea pigs, per hutch – £7.00 sharing same hutch per day
1-2 chinchillas per cage, – £7.50 sharing same cage per day
1-2 rats – £6.50 per cage, sharing cage per day
Tortoise (heated viv/table – £5.50 per viv per day
Bearded dragon (heated viv – £5.50 per viv per day
Geckos (non heated viv) – £4.50 per viv per day
Geckos (heated viv) – £5.50 per viv per day
Hamsters per cage – £3.50 per day
- If Pets need of separate cages/hutches (for example like two rabbits which may fight) please ask for a price.
- Pets can come in their own cages, or you can use one of our rabbit hutches or indoor rabbit cages at no extra cost.
- We do not provide vivariums, tanks or bird or hamster cages. (Our hutches are built to RWAF standard).
- Prices are based on 1 pet or 1-2 pets per cage ( a surcharge of 50p-£1 per day is required per extra pet if adding more pets to the booking in same cage. This can be paid when bringing your pets to us.
- Payment secures your pets place in the diary and reserves cage/hutches. Full payment is required in advance of the care starting.
- Pets receive exercise usually at feeding times and when they are being cleaned out.
- Owners must provide water bottles, food, veg, hay and bedding for the duration of care.
- If care is for longer periods then please bring a cash float for us to top up veg supplies, receipts will be kept and change given back to you on your return.
- We can be flexible when dropping off your pet and at collection times. If you bring your pet at a particular time, then if possible collection should be at a similar time, (if you drop off AM and collect PM, then a half day cost will be added). If booking online please ring Jane to arrange drop off or collection times 07792847171.
- We can pick up and drop off your pets, and this is charged at reasonable rates, This service is FREE if booking 14 days or more (within a 3 mile journey).
- Bank holidays are usually charged at double time, however if you are boarding multiple pets or boarding them for a long period a discount may be given.
- Rabbits must be vaccinated against Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD1) and Myxomatosis), ideally along with strain (VHD2) if possible, preferably 3 weeks prior to boarding, for maximum benefit.